December 9, 2007

"we won't be raising our hands anymore..."

Another sign that the shift in teaching and learning is happening comes with the release of Student 2.0. Sighting a video introduction on this new website and concept on Will's post I went exploring.


Students 2.0 Launch Teaser from Sean on Vimeo.

I have to admit....I cheered. Sitting here in my office on a Sunday afternoon trying to plan out how to bring about this exact shift in my region and I realized that the shift is already happening. Students are not staying silent, waiting to be called on, invited in, etc anymore. Yes, for my pessimistic friends out there, I realize that this is a very small group to be suggesting that the world is changing...and yes I know others have been out there doing this already at Taking it Global, GlobalKids, and others.
It was the way they said it that hit me. They recognize that they have been the 'silent majority' and they are asking politely to be let into the conversation.
WOW....The world is ripe for the new ways of learning. People are starting to do it.
Its a very exciting time to be in education.
Keep exploring,
J:)

1 comment:

Kevin Walter said...

Thank you for your support of Students 2.0. Yes, it some respects, we are only a small sampling of students. But we hope to be able to provide a model of high-quality student blogging that can be shown in classrooms across the globe. I hope we can live up to your expectations!